National Links for Emergency and Disaster Preparedness
|FREE Pocket Preparedness Guide for School, Work & Everyday - Sign up for Our Monthly NEWSLETTER|
Here are many valuable links to websites which contain important information about getting emergency prepared, emergencies, natural and man-made disasters, and dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. Many have downloadable brochures.
FEMA (the Federal Emergency Management Agency)FEMA information - other languages.
United States Dept. of Homeland Security
CDC (Centers for Disease Control)
American Red Cross
• Info about different types of disasters.
• Info for people and families about Disaster Services.
• Info about getting prepared (in various languages).
• La información sobre la Cruz Roja Americana en español.
Information for People with Disabilities
• Red Cross info specifically for people with disabilities.
• Info for people with disabilities from FEMA.
• Info for people with mobility, sensory or developmental disabilities from the Federation of American Scientists.
Pandemic Flu - U.S. Dept. Health & Human Services
Information About Communications
Information About Pets and Animals
• American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) info on preparing your pets and animals for disasters.
• Red Cross info regarding preparing pets and animals for disasters.
• Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) info about pets and animals regarding disasters.